Started Oct 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
T3
T3
Forum ProPosts: 18,124
Like?
Re: DSLR versus Mirror-less Cameras
In reply to vinodsood, Nov 14, 2013

vinodsood wrote:

I am planning to buy a new camera. I am a hobbyist, has been using a compact point & shoot till now. Want to now upgrade. I am confused between DSLR and Mirror-less camera options. Would like some advice, pros and cons for both. Also any inputs on Sony mirror-less NEX series ?

DSLR for optical viewfinder and long battery life.  Mirrorless for compactness and portability.

I'm a lifelong SLR/DSLR shooter, but I also now use mirrorless too.  I shoot weddings and portraits professionally. For my work, I use all DSLR gear.  For high volume shooting, like during a wedding, the long battery life that DSLR gear offers is valuable.  The downside is that the gear is heavier and bulkier.

For my own personal shooting, or when I travel, I prefer using my mirrorless gear.  It's times like these that I just don't want to lug around a chunky DSLR.  I prefer the slimmer profile and lighter weight of mirrorless gear.

If I were strictly a hobbyist, I would personally go with mirrorless gear.  Sony NEX is an excellent choice.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow