Some Lumix GM1 impressions from SF FireSideCamera/Panasonic event

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 8,925Gear list
Like?
Excellent post, Raist3d
In reply to Raist3d, 9 months ago

The control wheel doesn’t worry me much; I know with the GM1 I will have it set to "P" most of the time, going to A or S once in a while.

I loved hearing about the speed of focus and the sharpness of the little 12-32! Whipping out the little cam and pressing the button is what my use of that cam will be!

I'm also after the G6. Ihave long argued that ts photograph is deceptive; it is actually very slightly smaller than my E-PL3 with the VF2 attached -- which I use professionally all the time.

If camera size is in question -- and despite what Gulio says, it often is -- then take a tip from me -- iuse a silver or white camera. It looks bigger!!! It also doesn’t get as hot here in the tropics and being more noticeable it (oddly) labels you are The Photographer. In addition, thieves now think that black cams are more valuable!

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow