Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
GossCTP
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,067
Like?
Re: Mirrorless: yes - new mount: not sure
In reply to Russell Evans, 10 months ago

Russell Evans wrote:

GossCTP wrote:

Maybe they will add an axis to SR and make the sensor come forward to the new lenses

Then you'd have a built in extension tube as well!

That's a cool idea. Take it a step further, a special mirrorless K-mount where you can move the sensor around in the empty mirror box to approximate a tilt shift lens. Sort of flows with the idea of SR and not having to pay for OS over and over. Just mount a FF K-mount to have a tilt shift; wide, normal, macro.

Thank you
Russell

I thought about the tilt aspect, but I don't know enough about it to really speculate. I also wonder if lenses couldn't be designed different to make use of such a feature while focusing. For instance, an IF lens that doesn't lose focal length at higher magnifications.

I don't know how difficult it would be to make, but it sure would be a lot better to just swap lenses and let the camera worry about the flange distance rather than fooling with an adapter. I just got my first TC recently, and the idea of juggling a lens, a TC, and a mirrorless adapter just seems over the top.

-- hide signature --

Through the window in the wall
Come streaming in on sunlight wings
A million bright ambassadors of morning

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow