Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
mikiev
Senior MemberPosts: 1,090
Like?
Unstabilized, shallow depth of field
In reply to bluevellet, 9 months ago

bluevellet wrote:

From the review itself

The combination of a very high resolution sensor and unstabilised primes with a shallow depth of field means you should shoot carefully for the best results. The A7r body may look like an OMD EM5, but inside you've got something akin to the Nikon D800e and from my experience with that camera I only ever got the full 36 Megapixel goodness from it when shooting on a tripod.

"...un-stabilized primes with a shallow depth of field..." I think those are the important things to take away from his comment.

I'll have to read the article to see if he elaborates on why he needed to use a tripod with his D800e... was it camera shake, because manual focusing on D800e is easier to do via LCD-based liveview, to make use of mirror-lockup, something else, all of the above??

But it doesn't surprise me that a "casual" shooting style - with an un-stabilized prime, with a shallow depth of field - is "just asking for it" on any camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow