Alex Sarbu
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,653Gear list
Like?
Re: I hear what you are saying
In reply to ET2, Nov 13, 2013

ET2 wrote:

Roland Karlsson wrote:

I hear what you are saying.

And ... it has been said lots of times already. It is not rocket science to get to that conclusion.

But ... it is not all that easy. There are already several mirrorless mounts/brands out there. And it looks like it is slightly crowded. A mirrorless Pentax with a new mount. What would that add to the world? If it is just a new mount ... not much. It will then be just another one ... that is quite late to the table.

Exactly. Ricoh/Pentax is already late to the table and being late is a very bad idea in system camera market.

Unlike what someone else said, "oh no urgency" -- just sit around and drink coffee -- being late means losing large chunk of buying customers who buy more than one lens . Once such people invest in a system, it's highly unlikely they sell everything they own and start from scratch all over again with a new system.

That's your strawman, Sony-boy; I never said they should "just sit around".

Launching a new system not being an urgent matter means they can use instead their available, limited resources to build up the K-mount system (without neglecting the Q and 645D). Which is what they're doing now.

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow