Apple Aperture - best X-Trans raw conversion

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Beat Traveller
Regular MemberPosts: 398Gear list
Like?
Re: Apple Aperture - best X-Trans raw conversion
In reply to d3xmeister, 9 months ago

d3xmeister wrote:

Any of you guys tried Apple Aperture for X-Trans raw conversion ?. It's mind blowing. Lightroom still have an edge in noise reduction at super high iso's, but the colors and the way Aperture renders the .raf files, it just looks incredible, better colors and tonal rendition of any camera I ever tested, including full frames.

Played with X-Trans files for quite some time, but after seeing Aperture rendering, I was left speachless, best looking images I ever saw from a digital camera.

I've became a Fuji fanatic over night :)) can't wait to get my hands on my XE-2

It does look better at default in terms of colour and contrast, as does Capture One. It's worth mentioning though that this is less of an issue with Lightroom's ability to handle RAF files, and more due to the fact that Lightroom just renders everything very conservatively at default, as DPR notes:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/8219582047/raw-converter-showdown-capture-one-pro-7-dxo-optics-pro-8-and-lightroom-4/2

I use Lightroom for quickly processing most shots because I prefer its results at higher ISOs, because it runs faster than any other converter on my laptop, and because it has a very intuitive workflow. For low ISO shots I really want the best detail from, I run it through Photo Ninja.

Beat Traveller's gear list:Beat Traveller's gear list
Nikon D60 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow