Who has the health care plan for the U.S.?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brian
Forum ProPosts: 10,774
Like?
Who has the health care plan for the U.S.?
9 months ago

I don't want to hear a stupid "single payer" answer unless you can address my concerns below.

If you want to make health care affordable, then you need to figure out why the costs are so high to begin with.

I am not a fan of good ole huffington, but this article I think is insightful to the point you can see the end cost differences between the U.S. and other countries health care costs

Why is our system so dang expensive? more than ACA I think one needs to look into reforming the pharmaceutical industry, the hospital industry,

Why are prescription drugs more expensive in the U.S.?

Why are surgeries so much more expensive in the U.S.?

Why is time in the hospital more expensive in the U.S.?

ACA didn't do anything to address these issues... They accepted cost at current pricing and added additional services and coverage

If you can address these issues and the solution requires single payer, then I could sign up to that.  So far most of what I here is just single payer is the solution.  I don't buy it.  Until the concerns above are addressed.... There will be no solution that is really better than today or what we had before.

-- hide signature --

Brian

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow