Fuji X-E2 image problems

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Alessandro63
Contributing MemberPosts: 785
Like?
Re: Mass hysteria vs. reality and the voice of reason.
In reply to Daniel Lauring, 8 months ago

Daniel Lauring wrote:
I just picked your entire post without any clipping or paraphrasing. Sorry if you felt it put you in a bad light. That wasn't my intention. My intention was that we all need to keep the issue in perspective and not damn the camera for something that clearly exists with the X100s as well.

OK, fine.

Please point me to an X100s jpeg similar to the one with the hand shown in this thread. Never seen anything comparable, honest. The example posted by an X100s owner here is a totally different thing, I don't see that kind of (horrible) softening in it.

I don't have any intention of damning anything. Also I won't negate that Fuji, here and there, makes some SW disasters errors; they have a good history of fixing stuff in the X100. But they fixed something that they did wrong at the beginning. You can see the story from both perspectives... And we are among those who point out when something is not working well, aren't we.

The fact that we can use workarounds doesn't really justify it is not plainly working as intended/desired. It's a near-pro camera, after all, we may want something better...

Anyway, I apologize for the excessive adjectives. Change horrible with very bad. Mess with truly objectionable jpg quality.

I will indagate further on what you say is "something that clearly exists with the X100s as well". It's the first time I see a similar treatment. i must admit I am not very interested in OOC jpegs, cause I'm a raw shooter. And the raw I've seen is not as bad as I expected it to be after all these posts.

And, uh, sorry: you subject looks a tad immodest. What you say makes sense indeed (even if I have to believe such results may come from an X100s too), but come on, "the voice of reason"...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
??New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow