Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hsps2
Regular MemberPosts: 361
Like?
Ever Been to San Jose del Cabo? (G1X)
10 months ago

My wife & I have been to Mexico many times, but hadn't been to the Cabo area before. So we stayed in San Jose del Cabo - the quieter, more laid back and quaint neighbor to Cabo San Lucas. We were impressed with the bright colors, friendly people, immaculate "centro" area, beaches, art district, restaurants, etc. Here are a few of the many things that caught my eye.
By the way, the G1X is an absolute winner as a travel camera. Carried it easily and comfortably on my belt using a light, unpadded pouch. Someday the G1X will be gone and I'll be wishing I had a second one as a replacement:)

#1 - Self Portrait - near the tequila shop

#2 - Shops in "centro" San Jose are bright and colorful

#3 - The huge Mexican flag in the centro plaza

#4 - Bought some very nice anejo tequila here - aged 4 years in oak

#5 - Started here for the "art walk" through the numerous and colorful galleries in centro

#6 - Cactus plants are everywhere in San Jose

#7 - We were there during the Day of the Dead celebration - a couple days of performances, parades, decorations and kids in costumes - great fun!

#8 - Centro; neat, tidy and colorful

#9 - Many prominent dignitaries from the region over the last century are honored with bronze busts in Plaza Mijares

#10 - A stark, isolated monolith on the shore stood out as we walked along the quiet beach which is at least a couple miles in length. The CPL filter really brought out the contrasts. I've never seen the CPL effects quite so pronounced as in San Jose near the Tropic of Cancer. Anyone have any scientific explanation for why? Actually had to lighten the sky area considerably in PP.

#11 - Took a bus ride (25 minutes) into the bustling, upscale Cabo san Lucas. What a change of pace compared to San Jose!

#12 - This colorful local apparently wasn't interested in women, although I didn't seem to have much effect either:-)

#13 - Just experimenting here. I enjoyed this large wall fountain in one of the courtyards, but the lighting was horrendous. So I took three bracketed shots and tried the free test version of Photomatix for this HDR. If you look closely, you can see their watermark. Have to say, it captured the colorful, contrasty wall better than I thought it would or could. I may be a customer after this trial.

Hope you enjoyed the trip to San Jose (& Cabo)

-- hide signature --

hsps2

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow