X-E2/X100s vs Nikon Df/D4

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Sal Baker
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,703Gear list
Like?
Re: X-E2/X100s vs Nikon Df/D4
In reply to Toccata47, 10 months ago

I'm getting ready to buy the Fuji X-E2 (both Adorama and B&H had some in stock today).  In the past few weeks I've been downloading a variety D4 and X-E1 (same sensor) sample RAW files from the web.  I'll have to say if you mixed up the images from both cameras I wouldn't be able to tell any difference in IQ.  The lack of an AA filter seems to make all the difference.  I only looked up to ISO 3200 though.

The X-E2 feels and looks so much like a solid small film camera--it's just a lovable piece of gear.  Very easy MF assists, aperture rings and sharp glass at what I think is a great price.

I only shoot for my own large art prints and never shoot action.  The D4 is a special high-end DSLR that has so much more going for it above and beyond the Fuji X series, but final IQ is amazingly similar in the files I've seen from both cameras.  And Fuji really snuck up on me...when did they start making such brilliant sharp/fast primes??

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 350D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow