EM1 better than Sony A7(as a System)?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Harold66
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,464Gear list
Like?
Re: Are we talking about the same thom hogan?
In reply to marike6, 11 months ago

marike6 wrote:

liquid stereo wrote:

Marcos Villaroman wrote:

Why the Sony A7 Doesn't Crush the Olympus E-M1

M43 has the lens now with the 12-40/2.8 coming out next month. Sony will be a while for small lens.

OTOH, if you got a bunch of Leica or other 3rd party glass you want to bolt onto the A7, you might go that way.

As a camera body, the E-M1 really looks like the best all around mirrorless. I don't like what I'm hearing about the shutter noise of the A7/A7R.

You have to take the system view with these cameras. The bodies are up for replacement every two years. The glass better last longer than that. I also wouldn't want to wait for a couple years for the glass I want today to come out.

I generally like his writing but his Nikon bias makes me very suspect of almost everything he writes.

Hogan doesn't have a Nikon bias, but he made his name in photography writing ABOUT Nikon. If you've read him for the last few years, you'd know that he criticizes almost everything Nikon does, every move they make, often unjustifiably.

But it's completely appropriate for someone writing about photography in general to recognize Nikon and all that they have achieved in photography. But to say that Hogan in his more recent writings has a "Nikon bias" makes me wonder if we are talking about the same guy. He's been trashing Nikon for the past few years much to the chagrin of Nikon users.

I replied before I saw your post. I agree with the first part of your post ( see above) completely

Harold

-- hide signature --

www.harold-glit.com
www.modelmayhem.com/haroldglit

Harold66's gear list:Harold66's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow