forpetessake
Senior MemberPosts: 2,771
Like?
Re: Fuji X-E2 image problems
In reply to virgil1612, 5 months ago

virgil1612 wrote:

Daniel Lauring wrote:

Did a little more research.

1. Purple artifacts is either poor RAW processor or problem with your specific camera. Try the included processor and see it that eliminates the problem.

2. Skin smoothing is a "feature" of Fuji cameras and probably one reason they are so loved by portrait and wedding photographers because of their "kindness."

Fuji's "Skin Smoothing Function."

Some people like it, some people, do not.

Fuji "ugly" noise reduction (Rachel Ruffer)

The skin smoothing isn't adjustable but is only applied to jpegs. If you fall in the hate category, and you don't mind the workflow of RAW, you can process the shots yourself. Of course, at this time you would not do that with the LR RAW processor because it apparently has color issues.

Excuse me, I cannot pass lightly over this... Can you confirm from your own experience that this (Rachel Ruffer's blog) is what Fuji does to human face jpegs at minimal noise reduction? If so, it's just ... dissapointing... I was really prepared to buy the small X-A1... , specifically to shoot jpegs... people photos...

I've tested the X-A1 and it also has extremely aggressive NR. It turns people faces into wax figures. It's also visible at all ISOs, though the high ISO are not surprisingly much worse. I don't remember seeing anything as ugly in my previous X-E1, so it's probably a new processing Fuji put in the new cameras.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
??New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow