So how many have their RX10 on order?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Jogger
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,400Gear list
Like?
heft = easier to hold steady at tele lengths
In reply to MarioV, 10 months ago

The weight actually makes handolding a lot more stable, esp. for video use. The RX100 for example is very light, but, harder to stablise for video, esp at the tele end.. its the same with compact superzooms like the HX50. If you have to stuff if in a bag anyways, then the bit of extra weight isnt that big of an issue imo.

MarioV wrote:

kblaw wrote:

I notice this video last night. It was apparently taken inside a Sony store and in poor lighting conditions (and with shaky shooting), but think it really demonstrates the video quality of the RX10. My only concern is the weight of the camera. It's really more than I would like to carry while on vacation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b0JaNiigXo

Terry

nice video quality. The shaking is just due to someone who is excited to test it out and unsure what to point it at. Personally I think the weight of around 800g is a great compromise between portability and enough heft. I carried a D5200 + 18-250 lens (over 1kg) in my left hand for several hours when traveling around Hong Kong and had no problem whatsoever. The RX10 would make a perfect travel companion for day and night.

Jogger's gear list:Jogger's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow