Time for a new camera. Rebel xt to...

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
baloo_buc
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,848Gear list
Like?
Re: Time for a new camera. Rebel xt to...
In reply to abateman, 11 months ago

abateman wrote:

I have had a Rebel XT since it's release. I have had a few problems with it but it still seems to take better pictures than any other camera in the house. My daughter has a Fuji Fine Pix S4300 and at 14 mega pixels it still doesn't seem as good as the Rebel. (I know there is a great difference in sensor quality, pixel density, etc.)

Your experience is normal. You are comparing the Alps with the small sand dunes on a beach and ask which one is higher.

My question is can I get decent RAW images out of a high end superzoom like the panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200, or am I better to go with a Rebel T5i etc... I am not heavily invested on canon lenses. I guess my question is can a high end super zoom match an entry dslr in image quality?

In short no. In extenso you can get from a superzoom in ideal conditions a photo that can be compared (even if it's lower quality) with one of a dSLR. If the conditions become challenging there is no comparison.

You have to decide: you want good IQ or the convenience is a paramount.

thanks in advance

Alan

baloo_buc's gear list:baloo_buc's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D90 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow