Like?
Re: Fuji X-E2 image problems
In reply to bigpigbig, 10 months ago

bigpigbig wrote:

stimpy wrote:

Alessandro63 wrote:

stimpy wrote:
And finally, it's not fake. Lol

Of course the first, and second reaction too, are not to believe: in the same thread you are showing bad problems with the RAWs (still waiting for the possibility to play with those purple-polluted shadows), and incredibly bad jpeg skin treatment.

I'm sorry this is becoming greater than you perhaps expected, but I (and I'm sure many others) wouldn't buy a camera that'd give those results (even in a beta version of LR, about the raw example).

So, it's not personal at all, even if we are indagating for possible user errors. Or camera defects. Or anything. So, you don't need to reshoot: You could just upload the files you have to dropbox or any other place that won't at least strip the data.

The xtrans problems with adobe developers are "micro" problems, what you are showing are gigantic ones, and that jpeg of the hand looks like a P&S result, I bet I can do better with my ageing F31d...

I own an X-E1 and I know what the quality of those files should be.

Here is another example, one last time.

Fuji X-E2 - JPEG from RAW (no processing) Lightroom 5.3 RC

Fuji X-E2 - JPEG with NR set to -2

OM-D E-M5

This post is to show the skin smoothing at 6400 - however you can actually see a little bit of the Lightroom issue as well if you look closely at the forefinger and thumb being covered in a purple shadow. If you open this up in Lightroom and adjust the white balance (cooler) the purple becomes more obvious - this happens with EVERY photo I have taken of people.

I have tried in other RAW editors and the purple is certainly not as problematic, though in some cases purple can still be seen, especially so compared to my Oly. In Silkypix the RAW has False Color setting defaulting to 100 and in many photos reducing this back a bit brings back the magenta splurges, so I am wondering if it's something to do with that. But most certainly it's an issue mainly in Lightroom - which as it's what I use, is a possible problem.

The E-M5 shot is just to prove I don't have some kind of funky lighting, or alien purple skin, because I am sure someone will suggest that

To reiterate, all I originally wanted to do is find out why these 2 issues were happening, and what, if anything, I could do to rectify them. There is a lot of angst in this forum aimed at people who say anything negative about Fuji, which is crazy as we all share 2 things in common. A love of photography and a love of Fuji cameras.

RAF

Well that is just plain awful!

Could you perhaps show the same shot with the XE-1? Do you have one?

No. Not yet anyway

If not, how about at ISO3200, ISO1600? Is this progressively bad, or does it just happen at ISO6400?

No not as bad, but it still occurs, and no way to turn it off. Which is a frustration for me as I do not like the look.

With all the other great features the XE-2 has, if the IQ is no better (or perhaps even worse) overall than the XE-1, I think I'd back off buying one. I'd go for a second XE-1 at deep discount prices.

IQ has never been touted as better as far as I am aware. I am sending this back, will decide whether to get an X-E1 or wait a bit.

Are you sure that -2 doesn't mean less noise?!?! Maybe try it at +2 just to see if they got it backwards on accident.

Nice idea, but no - see below. In fact I don't notice much difference between the 2 in terms of skin, which leads me to believe this is targeting skin specifically.

Just look how much it changes.

RAW vs (skin softened) JPEG

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
??New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow