Fuji X-E2 image problems

Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Randy Benter
Senior MemberPosts: 2,093Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X-E2 image problems
In reply to stimpy, Nov 13, 2013

stimpy wrote:

There is a lot of angst in this forum aimed at people who say anything negative about Fuji, which is crazy as we all share 2 things in common. A love of photography and a love of Fuji cameras.

I think your latest examples show the issue a bit clearer. Many have agreed that the newer Fuji models are applying heavier NR to jpegs. If you don't like the results of the in-camera renderings, you can always shoot raw. I think you should try bigpigbig's suggestion of testing the different NR settings. I would be interested in the results.

I don't think the "angst" had anything to with the 2 issues you are asking about. The problem is some of the unfounded claims you have made in this thread, like:

stimpy wrote:

at all ISO ranges Fuji tries to soften skin and does not give the option to disable this feature

I am not sure how you reached this conclusion, but I haven't seen any examples of this at lower ISO settings. Can you elaborate? Can you post examples? Why do you keep calling it a feature?

stimpy wrote:

Definitely NR happening in RAW, no doubt.

How are you so sure that Fuji is applying NR to raw files? Do you have any proof?...or is this more of a conspiracy theory type thing?

If you stick to the real issues, I would agree that the OOC NR is too heavy for my tastes. But some of your other claims seem a bit off kilter.

Randy Benter's gear list:Randy Benter's gear list
Leica X2 Fujifilm X100S Leica X Vario Leica M Typ 240 Fujifilm X-E2 +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
??New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow