audiobomber
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,157Gear list
Like?
Re: Or Ricoh mount?
In reply to anthony mazzeri, 10 months ago

anthony mazzeri wrote:

audiobomber wrote:

6x9 wrote:

Currently Pentax have two mount types - K(AF3) for APS-C (and potentially for FF), and Q for a small size sensor.

Three mounts. You forgot the 645D.

Four mounts. You forgot the GXR M-mount.

My statement was correct. Pentax has three mounts. Ricoh has four (Pentax + M).

Ricoh I believe is the only company to cover four mount categories - mirrorless, rangefinder, SLR and medium format. Adding a whole new larger-sensor mirrorless mount will bring it up to five in total, so if one has to go by the wayside to avoid spreading their resources too thinly, the obvious choice would be the M-mount.

That would be interesting. There's lots that could be done with an M-mount. The question mark is where they go next with the GXR, but hopefully it will include a K-mount adapter.

But maybe they won't have to make that choice. One advantage of the M-mount is it has a plethora of top quality rangefinder lenses already available for it, yet is actually patent-free so one idea which I've seen mentioned many times is Ricoh simply adding their own proprietary AF system to it so all those rangefinder lenses will still work natively on it as per the GXR-M, plus then also any new mirrorless AF lenses they develop for it.

Good idea, seems plausible.

-- hide signature --

Dan

audiobomber's gear list:audiobomber's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sony a6000 Pentax K20D Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow