Why is Pages forcing me to buy a new version?

Started Nov 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
jfelbab
Senior MemberPosts: 1,808
Like?
Re: Why is Pages forcing me to buy a new version?
In reply to Vernon Snider, Nov 13, 2013

Vernon Snider wrote:

I have been using Pages ever since I purchased my iMac and MBPro and have installed updates as they came along.

I have files I have created documents with the version I have of Pages and have used Pages to edit some of these documents even within the last 72 hours.

However, now when I attempt to open them, I receive this message:

"You need a newer version of Pages to open this document. You can download the latest version of Pages from the Mac App Store."

How can I open my present version of Pages and use it rather than purchasing a new version which I do not want?

Thank y0u for your help and suggestions.

-- hide signature --

Vernon

It sounds to me like you must have the new version on your machine and that you may have used it to create/edit an existing Pages document. Now upon relaunching that document it is opening the older version of Pages. Upon the install of the new version it leaves the older version on your Mac and an old alias is still in your doc. Look in your Application folder and you may see a folder called 'Work '09 which should contain older versions of Keynote, Numbers and Pages. Scroll through your applications folder and you might find and you might find these three new apps.

Clearly you seem to be trying to open a document that was created with the new version and it is launching the old version and giving you the message that you need to use the new version.

If you wish to revert back to the old version yu will need to reopen the document in the new Pages and save it back to the 09 version.

-- hide signature --

Jim
'There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.'
-- Ansel Adams

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow