Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tommygun45
Senior MemberPosts: 1,041Gear list
Like?
Incoming Baby! What system?
9 months ago

Let me keep this as short as I can. I am going to be a dad in April. Have a baby girl on the way in. Also am in the process of building a house so lets just say funds are a concern, but not more so than getting the best possible pictures I can in these upcoming precious moments. That being said I currently have:

Nex6

E35

E16-50

E16/UWA

E18200

FD 50 1.4

FD 24 2.8

I have friends with kids and I have taken some shots of them. I haven't had time to really set anything up or done it in any way other than casually. I have gotten some pretty decent shots but still feel like I may be limited in low light/sleeping situations and don't want to have to resort to the F43 or any other flash based system. Doesn't seem like a good idea.

I know Mel will show a nice shot he got with his Nex 6 and his new grandkid, congrats ps, but I also want to get the best possible images that I can.

I was contemplating selling off the NEX gear and getting an A7 to use with the FD50 1.4 as a cheap 50, and then maybe the FE35. Add lenses as budgeting allows from then on out. I figure I won't be going out and doing much nature shooting any time soon so the $600 18200 will be sitting on the shelf. The 1650 I wouldn't trust getting true keepers, especially indoors, and my 35 1.8 is ok, but shows some limitations.

Plus I figure Ill save money by not having to have their pictures taken.

I've used the 5n and 6 for 3 years now. I know their strengths and weaknesses well. I am thinking about the particulars of shooting a baby, wife, indoors, low light situations and figure that the FF sensor yet compact size will no doubt provide better results than the Nex 6 can. Is it worth the switch? I realize I will be losing Tele but I won't be needing much of that until she is of soccer age and by then my phone will probably do a better job.

Also, anyone plan on using FD lenses on these new cameras? Any idea how they would stack up?

Ended up making some of the interior ones b/w because of lighting wb issues. Was lucky to get 1/30 with iso 200 but that was a normally lit room. Anything dimmer will be tough.

Tommygun45's gear list:Tommygun45's gear list
RX100 III Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow