Why Pentax Need a New Mount Now

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Leandros S
Senior MemberPosts: 1,111Gear list
Like?
Re: Why Pentax Need a New Mount Now
In reply to smafdy, 11 months ago

smafdy wrote:

As a more recent user of Pentax equipment, I have noticed the lens mount seems to be a weak point in the system. While it's true that current K series cameras can, generally, use legacy K mount lenses, 3rd party lenses, also generally, are not adaptable to the K mount (via use of an adapter — as opposed to mechanical alteration of the lens, itself). As I understand it, this has something to do with the flange to focal plane distance.

I have some really good old Nikon, Oly, and Minolta glass I'd love to be able to mount to my Pentax sensor.

Nikon can work if you're willing to lose infinity focus:

http://www.pentax forums.com/forums/22-pentax-camera-field-accessories/96884-adapters-non-k-mount-lenses-pentax-k-mount-dslrs-new-dimensions-lba.html

I believe there are also DIY instructions that restore infinity focus, but may be destructive. Given your large store of lenses, you're no doubt aware that some people complain about having to turn the focus ring opposite to what they're used to.

-- hide signature --

No amount of perceived entitlement can replace actual expertise.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow