Why Pentax Need a New Mount Now

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
audiobomber
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,280Gear list
Like?
Or Ricoh mount?
In reply to 6x9, 11 months ago

6x9 wrote:

Currently Pentax have two mount types - K(AF3) for APS-C (and potentially for FF), and Q for a small size sensor.

Three mounts. You forgot the 645D.

Ideally, this new mount should be suitable for FF. It would probably need to be a bit larger, to make sure that it is suitable for in-body stabilization.

I expect a new Mirrorless mount to be branded "Ricoh", not Pentax.

The faster Pentax takes this decision to move to a new mount, the better (but still preserving compatibility with older lenses via a special adaptor).

I think a Ricoh MILC with K-mount adapter makes all kinds of sense. I don't agree about a FF sensor first, before APS-C though. Despite all the hype on this gear-head board, 90% of people still prefer APS-C to full-frame for the good-enough IQ, smaller size and lower cost.

Or Ricoh could provide everything, using the GXR concept; a new MILC mount, with sensor modules for 645D, FF, APS-C and Q (long-term plan).

-- hide signature --

Dan

audiobomber's gear list:audiobomber's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sony a6000 Pentax K20D Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow