I don't see Nikon's continuity in FX lineup ...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Truman Prevatt
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,796Gear list
Like?
Re: I don't see Nikon's continuity in FX lineup ...
In reply to NJani, 11 months ago

Nikon's FF line up is fine.  No company is going to be able to satisfy everyone all the time.  There are 2 high end cameras D4/D800 and the DF which is a scaled down version of the D4 with some different operational characteristics and the entry level D610.  Nikon has three FX sensors and have wrapped cameras around these sensors.

FX sensors are fairly mature now and adding addition pixels is getting close if not already at the point of out resolving the lenses.  It seems that the trend today is very expensive lenses with marginally better resolution from both the camera companies and the third parties, e.g., the Sigma Art lenses.

I really don't see a lot of chumming in the FF DSLR market place with significant upgrades in the near future. The D4 is a specialty camera and is quite large and heavy.  The D800 is a high end general purpose camera as is the DF and the D610 is an entry level camera.  Now you see the new lenses coming out, e.g. the new 58 mm.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow