How good is 24meg realy ?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
awaldram
Forum ProPosts: 10,757Gear list
Like?
Re: just had the funniest thing said to me.
In reply to Donald B, 11 months ago

Donald B wrote:

I will Roland I will wait till the dust settles ? im going to post some full res and see if anyone can correct them, im glad some of the worst havnt been ordered. I will also post some great shots from both cameras its just that I have to get through the 500 orders.

cheers don

-- hide signature --

Pentax K7, Panasonic fz150, Olympus XZ1, my main toys.

Your doing it wrong.!

I use a pro gallery to lock my images to only those invited and the gallery handle all ordering and prints , Offering considerably greater options than I could.

Prices are set to ensure great value for the customer and decent profits for my chosen charity.

this gives me a quite low work load as

1 take images ( about 1300 per weekend RAW)

2 cross check images (use Linux so can get decent thumb-nailing without processing)

3 delete Duds (missed target , cross flare, Duplicates) about 3-4 hundred

4 process remaining images batch process inc tailored Noise profiles

5 final run through extra deletions some crops remove personal shots etc

6 upload to gallery with meet cross references and day separation

7 issue link and password to Squad Reps to pass on.

On a fast week end this is about 4hours post capture work.

This will generate around 4-600 initial orders (first month) with a number of drip orders over the season I leave them up .

How do you handle 'model releases' especially as your shooting minors.

My generic model release only allows for PR use , that is why you do not see me posting any images from events besides my own children .

Though covered by the 'generic release' signed by all members, as a courtesy I seek personal releases before any of my material appears in Book, Press, commercial sites etc.

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow