How good is 24meg realy ?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Grevture
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,051Gear list
Like?
Re: Trying to shift away from the issue, are we? :)
In reply to Donald B, 11 months ago

Donald B wrote:

Grevture wrote:

Donald B wrote:

as ive said in the past, if your going to enter this thread show us YOUR examples. of the 2 cameras in question.

Nice attempt at dodging the issue

You are the one making claims in this thread, not him, and you have not shown any examples actually supporting those claims. The examples you have shown in this thread support noting, they are simply to badly executed to prove anything.

-- hide signature --

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it!
By the way, film is not dead.
It just smell funny

do you read these threads ? go and look at the Ir comparisons. sorry you probably don't even know who they are ?

I did read a few when Pentax_Prime was friendly enough to provide some links

What you probably do not realize is your arguments are far from unique. In almost every gear forum here on Dpreview there are a couple of people like you - repeatedly posting about how great and amazing their (often fairly old) camera model is, basing it on a mix of skewed comparisons, misconceptions about how sensors work and sometimes on the very concept of image quality itself. And oddly enough - it is usually a good warning sign - several of these people are completely hung up on making 200%, 300% or even 400% comparisons of jpeg images which basically only proves they do not really understand much about how images are rendered and how you properly compare them.

I am well aware of Imaging Resources. Part of my work is testing and writing about cameras, and being in that business, it would be difficult not to be aware of them. Even met and chatted with a couple of the guys in the press room at Photokina 2010 and 2008 - nice guys

And no, I don't agree there is much support in their sample images to your claim of the superiority of the K7. Don't get me wrong, the K7 is a very nice and sturdy camera, as so often with Pentax cameras, a bargain in terms of its feature set in relation to its price. But the 15 MP Samsung designed sensor you seem to think is the greatest thing since sliced bread ... It is ok, but nearly as great you try to make it. It has been surpassed by the Sony sensor designs Pentax and several other manufacturers have been using in more recent models. Like the 16 MP base design used in the K5 variants ... Are you aware even Samsung themselves were about to use that Sony sensor as a replacement for the 15 MP variant you are so enamoured with? (but they backed out when Sony wanted more for it then the cost of using their own 20 MP design)

Basically it is nice that you are happy with your current camera. Most people are worrying to much about the usefulness of their gear. But when such enthusiasm turn into unfounded criticism against other cameras using bogus arguments, it becomes a bit of a nuisance.

-- hide signature --

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it!
By the way, film is not dead.
It just smell funny

Grevture's gear list:Grevture's gear list
Nikon D70s Nikon D3 Nikon D3S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow