What is one place you would love to visit (or have visited) for a photography holiday?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ecm
ecm
Senior MemberPosts: 1,427Gear list
Like?
Re: What is one place you would love to visit (or have visited) for a photography holiday?
In reply to karl eller, 11 months ago

karl eller wrote:

Say you had the opportunity to take one all-expenses-paid photography holiday to any location you wanted, where would it be? It could be somewhere that you want to go but haven't had the opportunity, or somewhere that you've been before and want to go back, the sky is the limit (literally, no space ).

For me, it would have to be a multiple-day tour of the Chernobyl region, and the cities of Chernobyl and Pripyat in particular. I've always had a fascination with abandoned structures and cities, and the Chernobyl region combines two (almost completely) abandoned cities and multiple smaller towns/villages with Soviet-era Russian architecture, and any photos I've seen always look amazing (and a little haunting). The region has also played a fairly major part in a number of video games I've enjoyed, particularly the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, which is another reason to visit.

So what is your place?

The Continental Divide trail, a good mountain bike, a bottle of good whiskey, and 6 months to explore.

Colin.

-- hide signature --

unus pes præ altero....

ecm's gear list:ecm's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 Canon EOS 600D Pentax Q Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 LG G3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BaliNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow