Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ecm
ecm
Senior MemberPosts: 1,419Gear list
Like?
Re: What eye you use.
In reply to Telhma, 10 months ago

Telhma wrote:

Might be a stupid question, but i was wondering what eye you use the look true the viewfinder.
I always use my left eye, i tyed it out with my right, but it feld wierd, i don't know whay.
What eye do you use?

Greetings

It sounds like you're left eye dominant. It's not a stupid question - it's an important thing to know. I used to teach riflery and archery to scouts and the first thing I did was have them find out which eye is dominant, so they could use it to aim properly.

The method I used went like this:

1. Hold your hands out at arms length, forming a 2" (5cm) hole between the hands that you can see through.

2. Focus on something 5-10 feet (1.5-3m) away, through the hole you made with your hands, with both eyes open.

3. Close first one eye, then the other; you'll notice that with one eye, the object you're focused on moves or jumps; with the other eye, it stays still. This is your dominant eye.

It's called the Miles Test, according to this article at Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocular_dominance

I've always been left eye dominant, and I've always used my left eye through the viewfinder.... nose grease be d@mned.

Colin.

-- hide signature --

unus pes præ altero....

ecm's gear list:ecm's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 Canon EOS 600D Pentax Q Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TestNew
BothNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow