Forum ProPosts: 13,671
Like?
Steve: pls. don't assume I was born yesterday on Aptina
In reply to captura, 8 months ago

captura wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

dbose wrote:

Sony succeed finally in bringing their OSPDAF to perform on par with the classic PDAF performance for fast action shooting/tracing, available in mid-level [d]SLRs )

jpr2

I feel that is still a couple generations out. By others accounts the af speed is not that much better the CD yet. So maybe in 3 years or so. If it were available now the A7 would have it. But in three years my current camera will most likely be suffering some degenerative changes and I would also say its worth it as well. But I don't make any money on photography, it's just a fun hobby for me, so justifying a big cash outlay on a new body is hard. Seems like we keep needing groceries even though I buy them every week. Anyways, I sense more urgency in the OP, so I don't believe Sony will suite his needs for very long.

Dave

Aptina's guys are behind the only real success in any MILC camera known so far of OSPDAF being quick enough for a bit more dynamic/ambitious action shooting - that is Nikon's N1 line.

Yeah, yeah, we all know that it is only 1", 2.7x crop sensor, so the DOF is pretty huge in comparison to APS-C, thus easier to hide AF'ing errors, and yet... one wishes other MILC makers hurry up to follow suit , or at east I wish so - a lot ,

jpr2

Glad you checked out the Nikon 1.

here is e.g. some of my early wonderment, from Aug. 16th, 2012 http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/42271833 Do you happen to remember when you've started to be aware that Aptina and that ground breaking sensor exist?

jpr2

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow