New E-mount APS-C bodies will have DSLR shape, like A3000

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 12,826Gear list
Like?
Re: New E-mount APS-C bodies will have DSLR shape, like A3000
In reply to Greynerd, 8 months ago

Greynerd wrote:

The Panasonic GX7 shows the way things are going in that they have put the viewfinder back in the GX1 and added IBIS and it has a built in flash plus PASM dial. The Nex 5 has none of these and it looked pretty Spartan to me compared to the Nex 6 which I thought well worth the extra money, even without the touch screen.

I am sure the Nex 5 suits many people but it is minimalist in concept in that has it has the minimum accessories built in.

The NEX-5 is 4 years out of production...why are you comparing it?

My NEX-5R has all the features of the NEX 6 plus flip-screen, touch focus/ shutter. No EVF or built-in flash, but I have the add-on EVF which flips up like the GX7's.

Hardly minimalist. Why post here when the information is so easy to find on the DPR website at the top of the page?

captura wrote:

Greynerd wrote:

Sony are not out of the woods financially yet so they have to generate revenue and they will only be loyal to a large customer base. Sony have spent a long time in the thin. If the A3000 does sell well that is the way they will go. They are not a public service and you are talking as if they are. The number of people posting on this forum are probably a minute fraction of the camera ownership and Sony might even think if DPR fans want it badly that is possibly commercially a bad thing to do.

I think the trend is away from minimalist cameras stripped of controls so the Nex3/5 may become history as all cameras do in the end. Best to wait and see at the moment as the speculation on E mount/A mount future seems pretty talked out.

captura wrote:

A good reputation for a camera company means loyalty to it's product purchasers. And one of the ways they can express loyalty is maintaining a line of products for a very long time, sometimes through thick or thin. That sort of continuity keeps people coming back, generating more long term customers. Do Canon and Nikon keep all those thousands of customers because their products are better? (We know they're not.) No, it's because people have a sense that the supply chain and the service is long-term reliable.

But Sony is not primarily a camera company. Cameras are just a sideline for them, of relatively little importance. Sony camera fans have shown their loyalty...and sometimes their fanaticism as seen occasionally on this forum. Common sense would dictate that Sony management needs to grow up a bit and start giving their fan base some of that loyalty back.

The NEX 5R/T are hardly minimalist cameras.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow