EM1 better than Sony A7(as a System)?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Marty4650
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,588Gear list
Like?
Do yourself a favor....
In reply to jalywol, 8 months ago

Do not imagine that the 50mm f/2.0 macro will focus fast on your EM1.

I own both the 50mm f/2.0 and the 45mm f/1.8 and I can assure you that the 50mm really has no good spot to fill on a M4/3 camera.

To be certain, it is an outstanding lens. Tack sharp, and weather sealed. And an exceptionally good macro lens. But it focuses slow and hunts for focus even on my 4/3 cameras. It won't do any better on your EM1, in fact it might be even slower. (According to the reviews the EM1 will focus "almost as fast" as a 4/3 camera will with 4/3 lenses. That means "not quite as fast, and this lens is pretty slow to focus on my E30).

If you need a portrait lens, the 45mm f/1.8 is it. If you need a macro lens both the Panasonic 45mm and the Olympus 60mm are outstanding choices. If you want a low light lens, there are mujch better choices.

If none of this convinces you, I'd be happy to sell you my 50mm f/2.0 lens because it has seen very little use lately. I could use the money towards an Olympus M4/3 60mm f/2.8 macro lens.

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow