If I prefer to manually focus, should I still get the FE 55?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Lightshow
Senior MemberPosts: 2,445Gear list
Like?
Re: If I prefer to manually focus, should I still get the FE 55?
In reply to turnstyle, 9 months ago

turnstyle wrote:

blue_skies wrote:

Adapters all focus past infinity -this to overcome min/max tolerance specs- but they should maintain planarity. A well-made (or costly) adapter may perform better here than a cheap ripoff. However, adapters are, if anything, very easy to build right.

Having read quite a lot of posts on this, my impression is that some adapters focus past infinity, others reach infinity focus at the hard infinity stop. And that some people prefer a bit of reach past infinity, whereas other prefer a hard and focused stop.

There are also adapters that don't reach infinity, and they can be a bigger problem because you have to remove material to make the adapter thinner, somewhat easy to do to a Multi piece adapter, near impossible to a one piece adapter.

Thin one piece adapters I prefer to be as close as possible to infinity on the going past infinity side.

Thick Multi piece adapter I prefer it to be accurate, or to be too thin(past infinity) so I can shim to infinity.

Lightshow's gear list:Lightshow's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow