HUGE Df Apology!

Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
jjnik
Senior MemberPosts: 1,293Gear list
Like?
Re: HUGE Df Apology!
In reply to Shotcents, Nov 12, 2013

Shotcents wrote:

BTW, jjnik, I see you own a D4 and the D800.

Within the parameters of your usage, is there anything YOU prefer about the IQ of the D4 sensor?

Obviously we've all heard about differences in midtones at high ISO along with extended DR and people chant about DXO charts, but what is your experience?

Robert

The difference I see in favor of the D4 is mainly at ISO's above 6400 where the D4 is cleaner and holds color better without much PP. I also don't look at test charts. These days, I find myself using the D800E as much or more than the D4 in good light. The tonality, detail and ability to crop pretty heavily just make it really flexible. I use the D4 more when I need speed. Here's a link to a gallery of shots for a local sailing club where I used both cameras - the D4 with the 70-200 f2.8 VR2 and the D800E with the 300 f2.8 VR2 ( a few with the 2xTCIII as well) so you can see how both cameras fared in the same light.

http://photoboater.smugmug.com/Sailing

jjnik's gear list:jjnik's gear list
Nikon D4s Nikon D700 Nikon D800E Nikon 1 AW1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow