(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Upgrading to Mavericks.
In reply to noirdesir, 10 months ago

noirdesir wrote:

Basalite wrote:

gaussian blur wrote:

Basalite wrote:

No, Mavericks is a free upgrade going back to Snow Leopard users. I believe the issue that the OP has is that they probably never had an Apple ID/account which of course requires credit card info for buying things from iTunes and the Mac and iOS App stores.

OP, just enter the requested information. It is free for Snow Leopard users.

A credit card is not required for an AppleID. Select 'none' for payment options when setting it up.

You can use iTunes gift cards for apps that aren't free.

Read more carefully what I wrote.

You said a credit card is required. That is false.

Once again, read more carefully what I wrote!!

You advised the OP to just enter the credit card information and don't worry about getting charged anything because Mavericks is indeed free for Snow Leopard users.

But that is not the point of the OP, the OP does (well, did, now) not want to give Apple his credit card information. Thus your advice is not solving his problem, whereas the information that one can set up an AppleID without associated credit card information is what would have solved the OP's problem.

It is well possible that when setting up an AppleID during the Mavericks installation, the option of 'no payment' doesn't show up. The solution to this is to set up the AppleID by other means first (in iTunes, on Apple's website, etc.).

You didn't learn from the last time?

If the person thinks I am wrong then he or she can speak for him or herself. I told you before, I am not going to play the silly game of responding to others through you or anyone else.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow