nicknd99
Regular MemberPosts: 183Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X-E2 image problems
In reply to stimpy, 8 months ago

stimpy wrote:

Daniel Lauring wrote:

virgil1612 wrote:

found on the web because it is the same problem the OP has, I hope he doesn't mind. I posted it on another thread but I got no answers. It's a sample picture from a review of the X-A1, at

http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equipment/galleries/sample-images/fujfilm/35202/1/fujifilm-x-a1-review-sample-image-gallery.html

the lady you can see in the second row. I'm attaching the full-size image. You can see regions on her face where NR is applied quite differently. The camera correctly shows the wrinkles around her eyes, but then, on the smoother regions decides that it should apply a much stronger NR and the resulting look at 100% is quite horrible. The ISO is 640!!, we are not talking about high-ISO here!! I presume it's SOOC, no mention about that, I suppose NR is standard.

That is quite different and may very well be using the Fuji skin smoothing function that is available in the X-A1's menu. I've never seen results like that from the X-E1 or X100s at any ISO.

I'd be interested if you could do a quick portrait with the X100s at 6400 and post?

I did this last night with my X100s, having made it halfway through the thread. I shot my face and back of hand in low lighting indoors at ISO 6400 RAW & JPEG. I imported to Lightroom 4.XX and sure enough the JPEG's showed having smoothing (wax/plastic-like skin tones), but the RAW files appear untouched. I had read about this before purchasing my X100S, but had never tested it myself. I haven't tested my X-E1 as of yet.

Fast forward a few minutes...it just dawned on me that my X-E1 went to work with me this morning so I shot a quick photo if anyone was interested in seeing what effect the X-E1 produces compared to the X100s.

By looking at my pic above, I can tell you that this was not the effect my X100s produced last night.  BTW, the lack of aperture value was due to me shooting an adapted lens (Nikon 24mm f/2.8).  Darn it, I just realized I forgot to set ISO to 6400.  If anyone has any interest, I can reshoot this at 6400.

nicknd99's gear list:nicknd99's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
??New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow