Fuji X-E2 image problems

Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Daniel Lauring
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,283
Like?
Re: Fuji X-E2 image problems
In reply to Randy Benter, Nov 12, 2013

Randy Benter wrote:

So far, it appears to me that we are just looking at heavy NR applied to hi-ISO JPEGs. I haven't seen any evidence of skin being smoothed more than other fine detail in an image. But I am interested in seeing more examples.

Take a look at the files again.  There is absolute evidence of skin smoothing more than other surfaces.  Look at the hand, for example, and compare it to the other things in the picture.  Look how much detail there is in the eyelashes for example.  It definitely is something that effects skin more.  I don't notice a real difference till ISO 6400 however.  IMHO, this is real but a much smaller deal than some people are making it out to be.

I also have not seen any evidence of Fuji cooking their raw files. I understand that it can be done and that DXO found evidence of this on a couple of particular cameras in the past. But, DXO was able to clearly identify when it happened and they have not seen this on recent cameras. Those cameras that were identified in the past were from Nikon and Sony; not Fuji. Just because it is possible to cook a raw file does not mean that we should assume it is being done. Especially when we have no evidence or even any indication that this is done in Fuji raw files.

Everyone cooks their RAW files if you consider they are supposed to be actual voltage/sensor location output and nothing more.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
??New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow