Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jim Radcliffe
Forum ProPosts: 11,418Gear list
Like?
Edwin..
In reply to efalconi, Nov 12, 2013

efalconi wrote:

Hi Jim,

I'm a fan and I'm also eagerly awaiting your book and I hope in the meantime, you can share

some of your post processing techniques with us :-).

Edwin

Edwin, I really stick to basics when it comes to post-work. I import everything into Lightroom and use the adjustment brushes to dodge and burn. I also adjust temperature and saturation selectively, depending on the subject and the lighting.

I then usually export to Photoshop CS6 for finishing touches...

Noise reduction is usually via Topaz.

For sharpening I create a high-pass adjustment layer and then adjust opacity of that layer to suit my eye. Sometimes totally erasing some sections of the layer that do not require sharpening.

I save the full size layered image and then resize for whatever purpose I desire.

It's all really basic stuff. No magic or Photoshop actions are used.. just do it by hand to bring out the best of the photo.

I am still looking for the best noise reduction plugin as a lot of my night work is shot at ISO 800 to 3200 on occasion. I try not to ever go above ISO 1600 and get the best exposure possible in the camera.

PS: After years of not using Lightroom I have found that the very latest version is working for me and it is always my first step in post work now.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-E2 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow