Re: Myth, Myth and Myth
In reply to David Hull, Nov 12, 2013

David Hull wrote:

Mikael Risedal wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Mikael Risedal wrote:

schmegg wrote:

Mikael Risedal wrote:

my latest example are from 6D and d800...

Where are the RAW files?

I'm afraid, given your track record with the 'comparisons', and without the RAW files for us to assess, your "latest example" is basically useless. (just like your previous ones).

and now its time for mudslinging , what a juvenile attempt

waiting for it

see if I can find the raw files , there are somewhere in my back up system and from spring

Member of Swedish Photographers Association since 1984
Canon, Hasselblad, Leica,Nikon, Linhoff, Sinar
Member of International anti-banding and read out noise Association

Please post your RAW files. At least we can show you after proper processing there will be no banding as shown your photos. Your incompetent processing skill should not be an excuse.

well then this people have the same problem as I have

http://www.fredmiranda.com/5DIII-D800/index_controlled-tests.html

Actually, Fred Miranda has no issue whatsoever. The first and last part of that article are chock full of stunning shots made in Yosemite National Park (clearly one of the more challenging areas of the world for photography). He was apparently unable to produce a bad image there (at least he didn't post one). The question is if the camera is so bad, why did it do so well in parts one and three and why was it necessary to concoct a special example for part II?.

For that particular high contrast building shot, it's mainly a test shot to demo better DR in Sony sensor that we all know by now. Meanwhile Fred did say it can get better result by giving more exposure (upto +1 EV he said), or careful post processing (that he didn't do except OOC raw for just a demo purpose). So obviously Fred's demo purpose has nothing should be contributed into Mikael's relentless anti-Canon campaign. Fred has an excellent well-balanced review.

This is actually a pretty good review. Unlike you, Mikael, he has put up a pretty unbiased presentation showing both the capabilities and limitations of the gear, demonstrating that when used correctly, the equipment is capable of producing excellent images. No, Fred Miranda does not have the same problem YOU have, not even close.

I didn't read he had DR issue in his real-world photos with 5D3 but how he preferred (and Canon lenses) and used 5D3 in his trip. He actually had problem with D800 especially with its poorly implemented LV.  As a result he used 5D3 far more in his trip at end of day.

http://translate.google.se/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.digifotopro.nl%2Fcontent%2Fcanon-5d-mark-iii-vs-nikon-d800-dynamisch-bereik

regarding my skills, I do not think you have anything to learn me regarding raw files PS, noise handling etc, I have tested scanners, cameras before some of you was born

sorry , trow your BS some where else

-- hide signature --

Member of Swedish Photographers Association since 1984
Canon, Hasselblad, Leica,Nikon, Linhoff, Sinar
Member of International anti-banding and read out noise Association

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow