HUGE Df Apology!

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,753Gear list
Like?
Re: HUGE Df Apology!
In reply to jjnik, 8 months ago

C'mon, guys. Can you get OUT of your own heads for just a second?

YOU may not think the Df looks better and Bugs Bunny might love it, but the INTENTION was to build something capable AND aesthetically superior.

To most people THIS looks like a camera, perhaps even a film camera:

It doesn't look anything like my D800, which is almost militant by comparison. If you think it's ugly or looks like an iPhone (!), I don't know what to tell you. That's not likely to be what the masses will think and you probably know that.

I've avoided the "camera as fashion accessory" element because I don't care all that much about it. I see a small camera with a great sensor. But the gut reaction from some experienced shooters IS about the nicer looks.

You walk into a restaurant with your pretty wife. Standing near the bar is a 6' blonde bombshell that makes your wife look like Kathy Bates. And you say to yourself, "Yeah, but I bet she's bad in bed and a real b*itch."

You may be right. In fact I know from experience it is OFTEN the case on both counts. But that doesn't change the fact that the criteria for your assumption is emotional rather than factual.

I have a feeling that the Df is the blonde bombshell who IS good in bed and is most certainly not a b*tch. We'll know when the real reviews come in and we have a chance to try one for ourselves.

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow