Fuji X-E2 image problems

Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alessandro63
Contributing MemberPosts: 787
Like?
Re: Fuji X-E2 image problems
In reply to Daniel Lauring, Nov 12, 2013

Daniel Lauring wrote:
You are correct, my point is manufacturer might map out say a faulty green photosite to be some value when the surrounding ones are some value respectively, knowing that that site is defective and would cause a false color. They might do the same manipulation with respect to noise when they know certain sites get "hotter" than they should causing false noise colors as well. These values are delivered to the RAW processors instead of the actual values measured at the individual photo sites. I'm pretty certain this is done. The question is to what extent and to what extent does this manipulation start "smoothing" noisy images, at the loss of detail, similar to what happens in demosaicing and in post.

Not so much into technical stuff, but I would say these raw files should be opened with dcraw, or RPP or such "rough" developers.

I am not, intuitively, quite sure there is a raw cooking in general. What I'm really sure of, is that mainstream raw developers concur in doing "strange" things, using the metadata they find in the file. One for all regarding fuji: adjusting exposure in DR≠100 underexposed files. Adobe is also using an aggressive anti-aliasing procedure on xtrans files which is, I believe, the reason why small foliage is always a mess.

I've never found a noise-cooked raw when opening it with DCRAW or RPP.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
??New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow