Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,868Gear list
Like?
Re: HUGE Df Apology!
In reply to MoreorLess, 9 months ago

MoreorLess wrote:

brianric wrote:

Shotcents wrote:

Naturally, some adults just can't accept the facts.

Robert

And you seem to fit into that category.

To be honest its really no worse than much of the anti side we've seen.

The problem the Df really has I'd say is that it falls between fanboy battle lines. On one side you have users of Nikon's standard DSLR's who have long defended there control system and wanted a "cheap D4" and on the other you have mirrorless users angry at a DSLR going after their "patch". Its a camera destined to be hated by pretty much everyone here but those who actually buy it.

Remember the savaging th D800 got on these forums? we all know the reason for that is that Nikon fanboys had been pushing the "megapixels don't matter" argument for years and suddenly found themselves on the wrong side of the battle lines.

Well said.

And even if you don't have admiration and understanding or need for the D4 sensor in a small body, the Df still begs the question:

"Why has Nikon and Canon been selling me expensive cameras that look like Xbox controllers?"

The Df looks beautiful and THAT bothers current shooters as well. A D4 is a better camera, but it's looks like a lump next to the Df. On SOME level that is going to bother a lot of shooters no matter how loudly they proclaim, "These are just tools!"

There's nothing wrong with a tool looking good.

I expect that the Df will find it's place in just a few weeks once it's properly reviewed. We'll all know soon enough.

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow