Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Timbukto
Senior MemberPosts: 3,581Gear list
Like?
Re: D610 vs. 5D Mark III
In reply to Just another Canon shooter, Nov 12, 2013

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

Timbukto wrote:

Lets just agree that all systems pushed to their limits in different ways will be exposed for different weaknesses. When you are a Canon shooter defensive about noisy shadows and DR and low DxOMark rating, just say its 'not about the numbers'.

You got that wrong. Just check my posting history and what I posted today about the shadow noise of the 6D and LENR.

My point is that several thousand threads are enough. The OP tried to mislead us with his first post. Then it turned out that he meant DR. This is like starting a thread about the fact that Canon starts with C and Nikon starts with N but dressing it up as a sharpness and color fidelity thread.

He is only misleading if you are the type to be mislead. Because to me he was obviously being enthusiastic and had some new toy honeymooning going on. Yes his original claims also included sharpness and color fidelity, both of which I have no real dogma or concern. According to LensRental the 58mm 1.4 is slightly sharper than the Nikon 50mm 1.4G...yet if you dig into his previous findings the Canon 50mm 1.4 was also sharper than the Nikon 50mm 1.4G. It's a coma monster of a lens, but when I see angel wings on the 58mm 1.4 wide open, it doesn't look like they've cured coma for $1600.

I believe certain lenses will be sharper or provide more bang for the buck than another and you probably can't boil it down to a system being altogether 'sharper'. If anything I think Canon wins on overall lens sharpness for the price and file size/MP, etc. If you consider LoCA or CA to be false colors, than again Canon lenses tend to have less CA as well.

Timbukto's gear list:Timbukto's gear list
Canon EOS M Sony a6000 Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow