Started Nov 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rudyr
Regular MemberPosts: 339
Like?
Thoughts on Sigma 35/1.4 size?
Nov 12, 2013

My "go to" lens is a 24-120/4, which all said and done is probably the one lens I would take if I can't carry anything else at all.  That said, the weight is really borderline what I'm comfortable with on my D600, so I've found myself throwing my 50/1.8G on the camera and tucking the 85/1.8G in the bag as well.  The smaller primes make handling the camera almost effortless.  Optically, especially the 85, it's like "pow".  Love it.

My only issue when I go the prime route is that I find the 50 a bit tight.  Even with just a 15mm difference, I think the 35 would probably hit the perspective sweet spot for me, and the thought of pairing a 35 w/ an 85 seems like a great pairing.  My only concern is that the specs of the Sigma 35 make it sound like it would be as physically imposing as my 24-120.  That's giving me a bit of pause, because I do place a lot of value of primes on their size advantage.

In general from people who have used the lens, is the size ever an issue or disappointment for you?

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow