ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joerg Rockenberger
Regular MemberPosts: 144
Like?
Epson R3000 & Hahnemuhle paper: head strikes
9 months ago

Hi,

A few weeks ago I received an Epson R3000 and I have since printed on a number of papers from Epson's, Breathing Color's and Hahnemuhle's sample packs.

With a few Hahnemuhle papers specifically Photo Rag Pearl, Fine Art Baryta and Baryta FB I observe evidence for the IJ head hitting the paper. This can happen along the short or long paper edges. I made sure that the "gap" in the printer driver is set to wide and the correct paper thickness is entered. None of the other Hahnemuhle papers or the ones from Epson or Breathing Color show this problem.

Is anyone aware of similar problems with those papers on the R3000 or other printers? And more specifically, how to resolve it? Also, can this have caused damage to the IJ head? A nozzle check print looks okay and there is no evidence for problems in prints on other papers.

Epson support was useless - even at the Supervisor level. They basically simply state that they don't guarantee that their printers work with 3rd party papers and that it's not their problem...

Thanks, Joerg

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/joergrockenberger

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow