EM1 better than Sony A7(as a System)?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Neurad1
Contributing MemberPosts: 938Gear list
Like?
Re: EM1 better than Sony A7(as a System)?
In reply to Moti, 9 months ago

Moti wrote:

Neurad1 wrote:

ianbrown wrote:

Like many I have a real dilemma about which one to buy?

I had an EM1 for a week and when I found out the A7 was about to be launched I sold the EM1, however after thinking long and hard about the two cameras I am starting to think that the lens options on the EM1 are swaying my decision, but can I resist the FF.

I mainly do Landscape and travel and I have been used to FF cameras in the past but really want to reduce the size where I can but without reducing IQ too much?

The upside of the A7 is purely IQ because DOF is not a priority for me but ISO does also give me about 2 stops advantage?

The lens options (for me) are limited, as I would only have the 28-70 which is not really wide enough and 3.5 - 5.6 is pretty slow. I know there is a 24-70 f4 available in about 3 months but even so it's not that fast and starting to get heavier! The Telephoto is also another issue, only a 70-200 which will be quit heavy and not available until May 2014.

I know you can use other lenses but that involves adaptor sand loss of AF etc

The EM1 does have some advantages, mainly lens selection. But just how much IQ does it sacrifice?

I already have a Panasonic 35-100 f 2.8 which is a pretty good lens

Anyone else have this dilemma ?

Ian

I understand your pain. This whole GAS thing is a product of the "interwebs" and our desk jobs that allow surfing while at work. We spend more time reading and thinking about gear (and to a lesser degree about actual photography) than doing photography. It's just the way it is for most of us.

Speak for yourself...

Moti

-- hide signature --

Touche'

Neurad1's gear list:Neurad1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX1 RX100 III Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow