D610 vs. 5D Mark III

Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,350Gear list
Like?
Re: D610 vs. 5D Mark III
In reply to ron purdy, Nov 12, 2013

ron purdy wrote:

Here is the link of the RAW file. It actually a bit underexposed. I should give a bit more exposure such as +1/3 EV (as the highlight, the hotel I stayed in the Cape Town is not really overblown). It's a snapshot from early morning walk at the Nobel Square (4 statues are just behind me).

Ron, give a try ...

Thank you sir. I just upped the exposure enough to see detail in the tree and this is what I got.

Again, I am not knocking the Canon cameras. I have always really liked them. It's just that they do not do a good job at capturing the whole DR of the scene. Unless you want to be liberal with N.R., which makes the effective resolution lower...

Click on "original size" below the image to see at 100%. There is a lot of noise there IMO. It's no better than the sample I posted. Not the end of the world, but it does not come close to the Nikons.

That's why I asked you try and you didn't even try to process.  I am sure in this case D610 by default is better but also will show noises in shadow but just less noise.  You need to process.

I will post a 100% cropped photo from that raw to give you an idea.

-- hide signature --

ron purdy dot com

qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow