Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
bigpigbig
Senior MemberPosts: 1,637Gear list
Like?
Re: "I am selling my Nikon gear"
In reply to wazu, 11 months ago

wazu wrote:

Gooutside wrote:

I think a lot of amateur photographers, myself included only want to have one system. It simply feels wasteful to have two.

Wasteful with two systems? Heck I have four and am salivating at the prospect of a FF MILC like the A7/7r series is delivering.

1. FF DSLRs ultimate IQ and AF speed with incredible lens choices

2. APS-C DSLRs for extra reach and flexibility (swivel screen)

3. mFT for travel and IQ touching on APS-C ability (EM5)

4. compact high end cameras for ultimate carry anywhere convenience (RX-1 RX-100 LX5)

All above formats fill a specific niche and I would be hard pressed to reduce it even three systems.

Notice I am missing Life cameras, Phone cameras, bridge cameras, FF MILC and medium format.

I do have camera phones but they are used only for taking reference photos with. Sometimes however even a high end phone camera is useful when cameras are banned but everybody is allowed to snap away with their phone.

Now that I think of it more there's 3D, Heat sensor, IR, Astro, High Speed, Video, Lytro, Action and plenty more types of specialized cameras.

-- hide signature --

There is a crack in everything That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen

Yup.

Nothing like an 8x10 negative enlarged to 16x20 for a Palladium print.

bigpigbig's gear list:bigpigbig's gear list
Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Why?New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow