Prepare yourselves for a new landscape

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Peter63
Regular MemberPosts: 409Gear list
Like?
Re: Prepare yourselves for a new landscape
In reply to meland, 11 months ago

I still don't understand the argument that improving tech will lead people to settle for less. I can agree that smaller sensors may improve to rival the resolution of current larger sensors but I think the real trend will be to put larger sensors in smaller bodies. The market for small bodied full frame cameras is rapidly increasing and has nothing to do with advice from "uncle bob".

1) Performance will improve for a given camera body size

2) Cost will decrease for a given camera body output quality

Both trends are supported by historical precedent and I have not seen any evidence or credible argument to make me believe they will change.

3) Large, fast glass will continue to be produced and sold in numbers adequate to keep prices on par with or lower than current pricing

4) The limits of small, fast glass will be pushed as far as possible. EF-M 22 2.0 and  EF 40 2.8 STM are both amazing already.

If technology somehow sidesteps the laws of physics and a 70-200 2.8L can fit in my pocket, I will be happy to jump onboard.

Peter63's gear list:Peter63's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow