HUGE Df Apology!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
lancespring
Senior MemberPosts: 1,923Gear list
Like?
Re: Just how is it so much superior to a D610? You provide no argument to support that
In reply to Shotcents, 5 months ago

Shotcents wrote:

Better high ISO (and right out of camera), likely better handling, smaller files, likely better VF and so on. We've been through this. The attack on the Df is in reality a strange defense of the D610.

MY impression of the D610 is that it's a great entry level camera. I like the size, but not the handling. And I don't like the chroma noise that's visible as you push the ISO up.

Your statements here are silly. LIKELY better handling? LIKELY better VF? This is nothing but pure SPECULATION on your part at this point, since the Df is not yet available. And handling can be a most subjective thing to judge.

Smaller files? Well, the D610's files are smaller than those from the D800 as well.

Instead I'll use the smallest FX DSLR and have CLEAN ISO 6400 and even 12800 files with a minimum of fuss. No one has made a SINGLE valid point to counter my low light intended application for the Df.

Well, whoop-de-do for you dude. I have news for you: Most people are shooting 99% of their photos at ISO's below 6400. The D610 is very clean up through ISO 4000. Especially if one shoots RAW. Sure, its ISO 6400 performance may be inferior to the D4's sensor, but so what?   Do you think that everyone else obsesses about ISO 6400 so much?

To most of us that does not matter. While having the extra 8MB of resolution to allow some flexibility in cropping photos is a nice advantage to have.

Perhaps the Df will be the absolute cat's meow for your personal needs and desires.   But don't expect others to be equally impressed.  The Df may satisfy a niche market that is far smaller than Nikon believes it to be.

lancespring's gear list:lancespring's gear list
Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow