To watermark or not to watermark?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
tcg550
Contributing MemberPosts: 803
Like?
Re: All your image can be downloaded from here
In reply to Clueless Wanderer, 9 months ago

Clueless Wanderer wrote:

Man, i have spent day's getting google to index, etc, etc.. and now here I am requesting take down's left right and center :-o. Its mind blowing how many directions your website can get scattered once published..

I have also come across this article:

"Companies such as Google, Facebook, and new ones such as Pinterest have no fear of anything. They find safe haven in clauses of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and put all responsibility for insuring copyrights on their users. In fact, Pinterest has the audacity to claim rights to an image posted to their site illegally … here’s some of the fine print.

By making available any Member Content through the Site, Application or Services, you hereby grant to Cold Brew Labs a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, access, view, and otherwise exploit such Member Content only on, through or by means of the Site, Application or Services.

So it appears if I pin an image by another photographer on their site (which they create a local jpeg by copying the original file from the site that was linked, and they do so my mining the code so right click blocks don’t stop them) they then claim they can do anything they want with that image. Notice they even use the term exploit. Then they turn around and put the responsibility back on the one pinning the image"

Excerpt taken from here:

http://www.cwaynefox.com/wordpress/protecting-your-images-with-digimarc/

You may be better off just printing them yourself and getting a storefront, staying off the internet completely.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow