Mikael Risedal
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,263
Like?
Re: D610 vs. 5D Mark III
In reply to Daniel Lee Taylor, 10 months ago

Daniel Lee Taylor wrote:

ron purdy wrote:

quinp2k, here is what I just suggested to Bill:

Do you have a 5D3? Find a high D.R. file which was exposed for the highlights and bring the shadows up without using N.R.

No one does this in real life, so why should he do it here? To prove some arbitrary point about a Sony patent on ADC converters?

This is why I roll my eyes when Nikon/Sony fans start talking about DR. You can push Canon shadows quite a bit with NR, and even more if you accept that the noise at 100% on screen won't be visible even at 16x20. You can recover acceptable detail and noise from nearly black areas in a Canon crop file if you're careful.

Yeah, Sony sensors are better on shadow noise. It just doesn't amount to as much as Sony sensor fans want you to believe.

detailing facts ? because you can not do it with a Canon as you can with a sony sensor??

i do it lots of time, open up the shadows so that details can be seen and also keep the high lights information intact , lesson, how to use raw and and partially give life in the shadows as the eye sees it with out noise and banding.

-- hide signature --

Member of Swedish Photographers Association since 1984
Canon, Hasselblad, Leica,Nikon, Linhoff, Sinar
Member of International anti-banding and read out noise Association

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow