Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Dave Luttmann
Forum ProPosts: 11,792Gear list
Like?
Re: Caerolle...
In reply to Just another Canon shooter, 5 months ago

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

Interesting. I can read the fine print on the blue sign from the EX1......but he same text falls apart on the 6D. I didn't expect that. Previous samples I've worked with showed the resolution to be about the same. That said, based upon this sample, I don't see the 6D blowing away the Fuji....if anything, with a bit of post, both would be just the same on a large print....with the rez advantage going to the Fuji.

I always liked your sense of humor.

First, the Fuji shot is terribly over-sharpened. You see awful artifacts, and the sensor has a lot to do with that.

If you want a well done comparison, you do not need to look further than this site. They tested in the most favorable conditions for the smaller formats - at the sharpest apertures. Still, the difference is clear.

Here, here and here, there is no need to guess. Here you may say - the Fuji resolves diagonal lines that the 5D3 cannot. But then you look at the D800 or the PhaseOne - oops, there are diagonal lines, but they have a different direction! What Fuji "resolves" is false detail, thanks to its voodoo sensor. Speaking about text, here it is.

Speaking of artifacts, you seem to not like slight sharpening halos, yet you seem ok with the horrible rainbow colors from the text of the Canon Raw.  In real world output, there is little difference between the cameras.

Dave Luttmann's gear list:Dave Luttmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow